Today I finished the preliminary layout for Book 2. Last time I did the layout in a program called Pages, but this time I used Indesign. So far everything seems good. I am hoping that there is no surprise waiting for me when I send the PDF off to the publisher. I am still working on some art for the book, and there is some tweaking to the layout that I still need to do. Progress, yes. Still not done and ready to go out into the world, however.
Once I get the art and components settled - I then have to do the layout for the eVersions of the book as well. Last time I did that part in Indesign and my hope is that doing the first part with that software might make the eVersion creation faster, smoother, or both.
My goal is to make it available in all formats on the same day.